Welcome to Net-informations Java Tutorial . This tutorial is directed mainly towards beginning Java programmers, although it might also be useful for experienced Java programmers who want to learn something more about Java Language .
Java is an object-oriented language derived from C++ with strong support for networking, multithreading, and component-oriented development. The first version of JDK ( Java Development Kit ) 1.0, released in 1995, established the first major public Java standard, with a C++ like syntax and a hierarchy of classes including support for networking, streams, event handling, exception handling, multithreading, and GUI development with the Abstract Windowing Toolkit (AWT). Soon afterwards the Java Database Connectivity(JDBC) classes were introduced as a means of communicating with databases. Unlike other programming languages like C or C++ , though, Java programs are not compiled into machine code; instead, they are converted into an architecture-neutral bytecode format. This collection of bytes represents the code for an abstract Java virtual machine (JVM). In order for these bytes to execute on a physical machine, a Java interpreter running on that physical machine must translate those bytes into local actions, such as printing a string or drawing a button.
I hope this Java tutorial helps you overcome some of the problems you are likely to hit when you first start developing in Java. If you have any suggestions or advice for how this page could be improved, feel free to contact me.
- How to Get the Length of a String
- Java String charAt() Method
- String indexOf() method
- Java String replace()
- Java String contains()
- String Comparison in Java
- Java String substring()
- Java String concat() Method
- Java String split() method
- Convert String to int
- Java StringBuilder Class
- StringTokenizer in Java
- Java Interview Questions-Faq
- Important features of Java
- What is the difference between JDK and JRE?
- What gives Java its 'write once and run anywhere' nature?
- What is JVM and is it platform independent?
- What is Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler?
- What is the garbage collector in Java?
- What is NullPointerException in Java
- Difference between Stack and Heap memory in Java
- How to set the maximum memory usage for JVM?
- What is numeric promotion?