HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the standard markup language for creating web pages. Here are some basic HTML tags you should know:
- <!DOCTYPE html>: This tag is used to specify the HTML version being used in the document. It must be the first line of any HTML document.
- <html>: This tag indicates the beginning of an HTML document.
- <head>: This tag is used to define the header section of the HTML document, which includes information about the page that is not displayed.
- <title>: This tag is used to define the title of the HTML document, which appears in the browser's title bar.
- <body>: This tag is used to define the main content of the HTML document.
- <h1> to <h6>: These tags are used to define headings of different levels.
- <p>: This tag is used to define paragraphs of text.
- <a>: This tag is used to define hyperlinks, which allow users to navigate to other pages on the web.
- <img>: This tag is used to insert images into the HTML document.
- <ul> and <li>: These tags are used to create unordered lists.
- <ol> and <li>: These tags are used to create ordered lists.
- <div>: This tag is used to create a container for other HTML elements.
These are just a few of the most basic HTML tags, but there are many more you can use to create complex web pages.