Hardware Vs. Software
The hardware and software are the essential components of the computer and therefore both depend on each other. Hardware is a physical device that is capable of performing tasks and execution based on software whereas Software is a set of instructions given to a computer or other hardware to perform a certain task. Hardware is like your brain which is tangible , software is like your feelings, your emotions, your thinking. So hardware is physical and software is logical . Without the software, the hardware is just dead matter and without the hardware, software is just instructions only.
Hardware refers to the physical elements of a computer. It is a collection of electronic equipment's which are assembled together to work as a single unit. This is also sometime called the machinery or the equipment of the computer. This arrangement is used to direct the flow of electricity in a desired manner. It refers to tangible components and physical devices that are necessary for storing and running (or executing) the software. Everything from the keyboard to the cell phone in your pocket is made of hardware. Examples of hardware in a computer is the keyboard, the monitor, the mouse and the central processing unit.
The term software was coined 1953 by Paul Niquette , and first used in print by John Tukey in 1958. Software is a set of instructions given to a computer or other hardware to perform a certain task . It is commonly known as programs or apps , consists of all the instructions that tell the hardware how to perform a specific task. These instructions come from a software programmer in the form that will be accepted by the computer (operating system + CPU) that they are based on.
Difference between hardware and software
- Hardware is the physical parts of the computer while software is a set of instructions given to the computer.
- You can touch, see and feel hardware while you cannot touch and feel software.
- Hardware is constructed using physical materials or components while software is developed by writing instructions in computer programming languages.
- If hardware is damaged, it is replaced with new one while software is damaged or corrupted, its backup copy can be reinstalled.
- Hardware cannot be transferred from one place to another electronically through network while software can be transferred from one lace to another electronically through network.
- End user cannot make new duplicate copies of the hardware while end user can make many new duplicate copies of the software
NEXT.....Difference between http:// and https://