What is .Net Reflection
In .Net, during the compile time Metadata created with MSIL and stored it in a file called a Manifest . Both Metadata and Microsoft Intermediate Language together wrapped in a Portable Executable (PE) file and this can be accessed at runtime by a mechanism, called Reflection.
At runtime, the Reflection mechanism uses the Portable Executable file to read information about the assembly and it is possible to uncover the methods, properties, and events of a type, and to invoke them dynamically. Reflection generally begins with a call to a method present on every object in the .NET framework, GetType(). The GetType() is a member of the System.Object class, and the method returns an instance of System.Type.
The classes in the System.Reflection namespace, together with Type, enable you to get information about loaded assemblies and the types defined within them, such as classes, interfaces, and value types.
The following program demonstrate a sample code where we are accessing at run time through methods and function of a Class "testClass".
C# Source Code
VB.Net Source Code
- C# Interview Questions (part-1)
- C# Interview Questions (part-2)
- C# Interview Questions (part-3)
- Difference between a Debug and Release build
- Difference between normal DLL and .Net DLL
- What is an Interface in C#
- Difference between Abstract Class and Interface
- Difference between a thread and a process
- Delegates in C# with Examples
- Differences between a control and a component
- Differences between Stack and Heap
- Globalization and Localization
- What is .Net serialization
- Difference between web service and .net remoting
- Difference between managed and unmanaged code
- Difference between Shallow copy and Deep copy
- Use of System.Environment Class
- What is the difference between private and shared assembly?
- Does the .NET have in-built support for serialization?
- How to properly stop the Thread in C#?
- Why are there five tracing levels in System.Diagnostics.TraceSwitcher?
- Why is XmlSerializer so slow?
- How many types of Jit Compilers?