How many ways you can pass values to Windows Services
There are four ways to Interact with the windows service.
1.Through Windows Registry
Difference between Windows Service and Web Service ?
A Windows service is an application that runs without a user being logged into the system, usually to process some data on the machine that needs no user intervention to work with.
A Web service is a website that, when contacted, returns XML (typically) in one of several standard formats for the service consumer to process.
See also.....Difference between web service and .net remoting
How does a Windows service differ from a standard exe ?
A windows service always runs once the computer starts up (as long as it's so configured). On the other hand, a standard EXE only runs when a user is logged in, and will stop if the user logs out.
You would use a windows service for things that always need to run even if nobody is logged in and you would use a standard EXE for programs that a user will run while logged in.
- Does C# support multiple Inheritance ?
- What is Process ID ?
- How do I make a DLL in C# ?
- Can we use "continue" statement in finally block ?
- What is nullable type in c# ?
- Difference between the Debug class and Trace class ?
- What is lock statement in C#
- What are dynamic type variables in C#
- What is the difference between is and as operator in C#?
- What are circular references in C#?
- What are the differences between events and delegates in C#
- Explain the types of unit test cases in C#?
- How many types of comments are there in C#?
- What are the various ways to pass parameters to a method in C#?
- What are the different ways to deploy a assembly in net?
- What does assert() method do in c#
- What is literals in C# - Constants and Literals
- What is the use of goto statement in C#
- How can JIT code be faster than AOT compiled code
- Why events have no return types in .NET
- What's the difference between a static method and a non-static method in C#
- What's a weak reference c#?
- What is C# equivalent of the vb.net isNothing function
- What are indexers in C#
- What are generics in c#