What is Query String
Query String is a group of keywords that send request to the web server. These requests are used to pass information (parameters) from one page to another and you can access those information in receiving page. It containing in the HTTP requests for a specific URL. These requests specified by the values following the ? (question mark). The ? (question mark)is used as a separator and it is not part of the query string.
How to create a Query String ?
You can create a new writeable instance of HttpValueCollection by calling System.Web.HttpUtility.ParseQueryString(string.Empty).
How to retrieve Query String ?
The QueryString collection retrieves the values of the variables in the HTTP query string and it is specified by the values following the ? (question mark).
Query String - limitations
Query Strings have some limitations also. Query String have a length limitation because of this limitation when you have to send a lot of information it won't work. Another limitation is that Query string data is directly visible to user so this information can be falsified by malicious users and it leading to security problems.
- What is IIS - Internet Information Server
- What is Virtual Directory
- What is HttpHandler
- Page Directives in Asp.Net
- What is a postback
- What is IsPostBack
- What is global.asax
- Difference between Machine.config and web.config
- Difference between HTML control and Web Server control
- Difference between Authentication and Authorization
- How to secure Connection Strings
- What is ASP.Net tracing
- Passing values between Asp.Net pages
- Differentiate between client side validation and server side validation
- How to Get host domain from URL
- Adding a Favicon To Your Website
- AutoEventWireup attribute in ASP.NET