ASP Session Vs ASP.NET Session
Session Type SupportAsp only supports InProc session , so it cannot span across multiple servers while Asp.Net support both InProc and OutProc(State Server and SQl Server). So, it can span across multiple servers .
Process DependencyIn Asp, the session is process dependent . That is, Asp session state is dependent on IIS process very heavily. So if IIS restarts Asp session variables are also recycled. Whereas In Asp.Net, the session is process independent . That is, Asp.Net session can be independent of the hosting environment thus Asp.Net session can maintained even if IIS reboots.
Cookie DependencyIn Asp, the session is cookie dependent . That is, Asp session only function when browser supports cookies. While Asp.Net supports cookieless session, so the session in Asp.Net is cookie independent .
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-1)
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-2)
- Advantages of ASP.NET Web Development
- What is IIS - Internet Information Server
- What is Virtual Directory
- What is HttpHandler
- Page Directives in Asp.Net
- What is a postback
- What is IsPostBack
- What is global.asax
- Difference between Machine.config and web.config
- Difference between HTML control and Web Server control
- What is Query String
- Difference between Authentication and Authorization
- How to secure Connection Strings
- What is ASP.Net tracing
- Passing values between Asp.Net pages
- Differentiate between client side validation and server side validation
- How to Get host domain from URL
- Adding a Favicon To Your Website
- AutoEventWireup attribute in ASP.NET
- Can I use multiple programming languages in a ASP.net Web Application?
- Difference: Response.Write and Response.Output.Write
- How many web.config files can I have in an application?
- What is Protected Configuration in asp.net?
- Static variables, what is their life span?
- What does mean Stateless?
- What is the Difference between session and caching?
- What are different types of caching using cache object of ASP.NET?
- Which method is used to remove the cache object?
- How many types of Cookies are available in ASP.NET?
- What is Page Life Cycle in ASP.net?
- What is the code behind and Inline Code in Asp.Net?
- What is master page in ASP.NET?
- Can you change a Master Page dynamically at runtime?
- What is cross-page posting in ASP.NET?
- How to redirect a page in asp.net without performing a round trip ?
- How to register custom server control on ASP.NET page?
- How do you validate Input data in Asp.Net?
- What's the difference between ViewData and ViewBag?
- Difference between Response.Redirect and Server.Transfer
- What is the function of the CustomValidator control?
- Define RequiredFieldValidator?
- Difference between custom control and user control
- Difference between Label and Literal control in ASP.Net
- What are the major events in Global.Asax file?
- What is Event Bubbling in asp.net ?
- What is Delay signing?
- What is the difference between in-proc and out-of-proc?
- What is the difference between POST and GET?
- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client