How many web.config files in Asp.Net?You can have multiple configuration files in your asp.net project. There is no restriction to use the web.config file in the asp.net web application. You can have 1 Web.config file per folder . So in your root you can have a web.config and in a subfolder you can have another one that overrides settings from the one in the root. If you have many folders and each folder have seperate web.config. then the files inside folder give first preference to the config files in the same folder. The web.config files are used to set settings for a certain folder and its subfolders in a cascading way, ultimately overriding the default settings that can be found in the machine.config file. Generally a website contains a single Web.config file stored inside the application root directory . There are situations where your application is divided into modules and for every module you need separate configuration. However there can be many configuration files that manage settings at various levels within an application.
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-1)
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-2)
- Advantages of ASP.NET Web Development
- What is IIS - Internet Information Server
- What is Virtual Directory
- What is HttpHandler
- Page Directives in Asp.Net
- What is a postback
- What is IsPostBack
- What is global.asax
- Difference between Machine.config and web.config
- Difference between HTML control and Web Server control
- What is Query String
- Difference between Authentication and Authorization
- How to secure Connection Strings
- What is ASP.Net tracing
- Passing values between Asp.Net pages
- Differentiate between client side validation and server side validation
- How to Get host domain from URL
- Adding a Favicon To Your Website
- AutoEventWireup attribute in ASP.NET
- Can I use multiple programming languages in a ASP.net Web Application?
- Difference: Response.Write and Response.Output.Write
- What is Protected Configuration in asp.net?
- Static variables, what is their life span?
- Difference between ASP Session and ASP.NET Session?
- What does mean Stateless?
- What is the Difference between session and caching?
- What are different types of caching using cache object of ASP.NET?
- Which method is used to remove the cache object?
- How many types of Cookies are available in ASP.NET?
- What is Page Life Cycle in ASP.net?
- What is the code behind and Inline Code in Asp.Net?
- What is master page in ASP.NET?
- Can you change a Master Page dynamically at runtime?
- What is cross-page posting in ASP.NET?
- How to redirect a page in asp.net without performing a round trip ?
- How to register custom server control on ASP.NET page?
- How do you validate Input data in Asp.Net?
- What's the difference between ViewData and ViewBag?
- Difference between Response.Redirect and Server.Transfer
- What is the function of the CustomValidator control?
- Define RequiredFieldValidator?
- Difference between custom control and user control
- Difference between Label and Literal control in ASP.Net
- What are the major events in Global.Asax file?
- What is Event Bubbling in asp.net ?
- What is Delay signing?
- What is the difference between in-proc and out-of-proc?
- What is the difference between POST and GET?
- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client