What are circular references
Circular reference is situation in which two or more resources are interdependent on each other causes the lock condition and make the resources unusable . It is a series of references when a formula refers back to its own cell, either directly or indirectly and the last object references the first, resulting in a closed loop . There are methods to deal with circular references are:
- Weighted reference counting
- Indirect reference counting
There are some ways to handle problem of detecting and collecting circular references with the help of garbage collection. The very high level view of how the garbage collector works is:
- Start with locals, statics and GC pinned objects. None of these can be collected
- Mark every object which can be reached by traversing the children of these objects
- Collect every object which is not marked
This allows for circular references to be collected in a good manner. So long as none of them are reachable from an object known to be uncollectable then the circular reference is essentially irrelevant.
Memory management is a primary thing for any application. The .Net Framework provides a new mechanism for releasing unreferenced objects from the memory ,this process is called Garbage Collection (GC). In some rare situations, forcing a Garbage Collection may improve your application's performance. The garbage collection (GC )class provides a GC.Collect method, which you can use to give your application some direct control over the garbage collector. More about..... Garbage Collection
- Does C# support multiple Inheritance ?
- What is Process ID ?
- How do I make a DLL in C# ?
- How many ways you can pass values to Windows Services ?
- Can we use "continue" statement in finally block ?
- What is nullable type in c# ?
- Difference between the Debug class and Trace class ?
- What is lock statement in C#
- What are dynamic type variables in C#
- What is the difference between is and as operator in C#?
- What are the differences between events and delegates in C#
- Explain the types of unit test cases in C#?
- How many types of comments are there in C#?
- What are the various ways to pass parameters to a method in C#?
- What are the different ways to deploy a assembly in net?
- What does assert() method do in c#
- What is literals in C# - Constants and Literals
- What is the use of goto statement in C#
- How can JIT code be faster than AOT compiled code
- Why events have no return types in .NET
- What's the difference between a static method and a non-static method in C#
- What's a weak reference c#?
- What is C# equivalent of the vb.net isNothing function
- What are indexers in C#
- What are generics in c#