What is Query String
Query String is a group of keywords that send request to the web server. These requests are used to pass information (parameters) from one page to another and you can access those information in receiving page. It containing in the HTTP requests for a specific URL. These requests specified by the values following the ? (question mark). The ? (question mark)is used as a separator and it is not part of the query string.
How to create a Query String ?
You can create a new writeable instance of HttpValueCollection by calling System.Web.HttpUtility.ParseQueryString(string.Empty).
How to retrieve Query String ?
The QueryString collection retrieves the values of the variables in the HTTP query string and it is specified by the values following the ? (question mark).
Query String - limitations
Query Strings have some limitations also. Query String have a length limitation because of this limitation when you have to send a lot of information it won't work. Another limitation is that Query string data is directly visible to user so this information can be falsified by malicious users and it leading to security problems.
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-1)
- Asp.Net Interview Questions (Part-2)
- Advantages of ASP.NET Web Development
- What is IIS - Internet Information Server
- What is Virtual Directory
- What is HttpHandler
- Page Directives in Asp.Net
- What is a postback
- What is IsPostBack
- What is global.asax
- Difference between Machine.config and web.config
- Difference between HTML control and Web Server control
- Difference between Authentication and Authorization
- How to secure Connection Strings
- What is ASP.Net tracing
- Passing values between Asp.Net pages
- Differentiate between client side validation and server side validation
- How to Get host domain from URL
- Adding a Favicon To Your Website
- AutoEventWireup attribute in ASP.NET
- Can I use multiple programming languages in a ASP.net Web Application?
- Difference: Response.Write and Response.Output.Write
- How many web.config files can I have in an application?
- What is Protected Configuration in asp.net?
- Static variables, what is their life span?
- Difference between ASP Session and ASP.NET Session?
- What does mean Stateless?
- What is the Difference between session and caching?
- What are different types of caching using cache object of ASP.NET?
- Which method is used to remove the cache object?
- How many types of Cookies are available in ASP.NET?
- What is Page Life Cycle in ASP.net?
- What is the code behind and Inline Code in Asp.Net?
- What is master page in ASP.NET?
- Can you change a Master Page dynamically at runtime?
- What is cross-page posting in ASP.NET?
- How to redirect a page in asp.net without performing a round trip ?
- How to register custom server control on ASP.NET page?
- How do you validate Input data in Asp.Net?
- What's the difference between ViewData and ViewBag?
- Difference between Response.Redirect and Server.Transfer
- What is the function of the CustomValidator control?
- Define RequiredFieldValidator?
- Difference between custom control and user control
- Difference between Label and Literal control in ASP.Net
- What are the major events in Global.Asax file?
- What is Event Bubbling in asp.net ?
- What is Delay signing?
- What is the difference between in-proc and out-of-proc?
- What is the difference between POST and GET?
- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client