MultiThreading In Python
What is Threading?A thread of execution is the smallest sequence of programmed instructions that can be managed independently by a scheduler , which is typically a part of the operating system . In the previous chapter, you can study in detail about... Threading in Python
What is Multithreading ?Multithreading is a core concept of software programming that almost all the high-level programming languages support. Multithreaded programs are similar to the single-threaded programs that you have been studying. They differ only in the fact that they support more than one concurrent thread of execution-that is, they are able to simultaneously execute multiple sequences of instructions. These threads share the process resources but are able to execute independently. That means that a single process can have many different "functions" executing concurrently, allowing the application to better use the available hardware (multiple cores/processors). For example, a multithreaded operating system may run several background tasks, such as logging file changes, indexing data, and managing windows at the same time.
Python Multithreaded Programming
The following example demonstrate how a multithreaded program execute in Python.
import time import threading class myThread(threading.Thread): def __init__(self, threadID): threading.Thread.__init__(self) self.threadID = threadID def run(self): for x in range(1, 5): print(" Thread ID :",self.threadID) time.sleep(1) print(" ") t1 = myThread(1) t1.start() t1 = myThread(2) t1.start() t1 = myThread(3) t1.start() t1 = myThread(4) t1.start()output
Thread ID : 1 Thread ID : 2 Thread ID : 3 Thread ID : 4 Thread ID : 1 Thread ID : 4 Thread ID : 3 Thread ID : 2 Thread ID : 1 Thread ID : 3 Thread ID : 4 Thread ID : 2 Thread ID : 1 Thread ID : 3 Thread ID : 4 Thread ID : 2From the output you can notice that these threads can run in parallel without waiting for other thread in python. Executing a program is generally associated with a single process . The advantage of multithreading is that concurrency can be used within a process to provide multiple simultaneous services to the user. Multithreading also requires less processing overhead than multiprogramming because concurrent threads are able to share common resources more easily. For more advanced multithreading, see the example..... Multi threaded Socket Programming in Python
- How to use Date and Time in Python
- Python Exception Handling
- How to Generate a Random Number in Python
- How to pause execution of program in Python
- How do I parse XML in Python?
- How to read and write a CSV files with Python
- Threads and Threading in Python
- Python range() function
- How to Convert a Python String to int
- Python filter() Function
- Difference between range() and xrange() in Python
- How to print without newline in Python?
- How to remove spaces from a string in Python
- How to get the current time in Python
- Slicing in Python
- Create a nested directory without exception | Python
- How to measure time taken between lines of code in python?
- How to concatenate two lists in Python
- How to Find the Mode in a List Using Python
- Difference Between Static and Class Methods in Python?