Advantages of ASP.NET
Microsoft Asp.Net Framework is a widely used development framework for building enterprise level web applications, that today's programmers select to use. The Asp.Net framework is a highly popular one and relatively easy for the .Net developers to create compelling Asp.net applications by using Visual Studio . It is not limited to script languages, it allows you to make use of .NET languages like C#, J#, VB, etc.
Currently, there is a huge number of individual engineers and software development companies that choose ASP.NET as their preferred web development technology. There are a lot of benefits for using Asp.Net. Here are some of the advantages of using ASP.NET:
- Asp.Net is purely server-side technology, so the code is processed on the windows server before it is displayed in the web browser. Therefore, ASP.net applications execute more quickly than interpreted scripts.
- ASP.Net features such as early binding, JIT compilation, caching services and native optimization supports to get high level of performance. With .NET you are not limited to JIT but have the option AOT if you want to eliminate startup delays.
- Asp.Net framework is language independent, means you can choose any programming language (C#, J#, VB, etc) which best suited to your application.
- The Common Language Specification data types in all .Net applications are similar, so no Type conversion is necessary when calling.Net methods, C++, C# from Visual Basic, or Vice Versa.
- ASP.NET provides full support for XML, CSS and other new as well as established web standards.
- Introduction of view state helps in maintaining state of the controls automatically between the postbacks events.
- With the built-in configuration information, Asp.Net is easy to deploy. There is no need to register components because the configuration information is built-in.
- Finally, Asp.Net reduces the line of code needed to develop large applications.