Use of clone method in jQuery?
The jQuery clone() method will copy the data and events associated with the DOM (Document Object Model)elements that are copied, meaning that it copies the matched elements as well as all of their descendant elements , text nodes and attributes . This method returns a jQuery object of the target.
The jQuery clone() method internally tracks all the handlers attached to the node so whenever use a clone() method it creates a deep copy (optional argument) that contains the source element's events. When used in conjunction with one of the insertion methods, .clone() is a convenient way to duplicate elements on a page.
You can clone a jQuery element in numerous ways, but whenever you do so, make sure that when you clone an element, you're properly identifying and managing events, so you don't get erratic results .
Difference between .clone() and .html() in jQuery?
- jQuery .clone() returns a jQuery object while jQuery .html() returns a string.
- jQuery clone() method copies the matched elements as well as all of their descendant elements and text nodes, while jQuery .html() can be used to get the contents of any element. If the selector expression matches more than one element, only the first match will have its HTML content returned.
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- Is jQuery a programming language?
- Why do we need to go for JQuery?
- How to check jQuery version?
- How to multiple version of jQuery?
- What is jQuery CDN?
- Advantages of minified version of JQuery
- How do I check if the DOM is ready?
- How to Use the jQuery load() Method
- Difference between document.ready() and body onload()?
- What is the use of param() method?
- How to work with jQuery parent(), children() and siblings()?
- Difference between parent() and parents() in jQuery?
- What does jQuery data() function do?
- How do you check if an element exists or not in jQuery?
- How do I check if an HTML element is empty using jQuery?
- How to run an event handler only once in jQuery?
- How to disable/enable an element with jQuery
- Hide and show image on button click using jQuery
- Difference Between Prop and Attr in jQuery
- How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- What happen if you return false from a jQuery event handler?
- What is each() function in jQuery? How do you use it?
- Which one is more efficient, document.getElementbyId( "myId") or $("#myId)?
- What is the difference between $.map and $.grep in jQuery
- What is the use of serialize method in jQuery
- What is event.PreventDefault in jQuery?
- Difference between event.PreventDefault and event.stopPropagation?
- What are deferred and promise object in jQuery?