How do I disable/enable a form element?
Sometimes you need to enable or disable input elements or form elements in jQuery. In such cases, you can use jQuery prop() method to disable or enable input elements/form elements dynamically using jQuery.
jQuery 1.5 and below
The jQuery .prop() method doesn't exist jQuery 1.5 and below , in such cases you can use jQuery .attr() method .
It is important to note that, you can always rely on the actual DOM object and is probably a little faster than the above two options if you are only dealing with one element:
The disabled property sets or returns whether a text field is disabled, or not.
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- Is jQuery a programming language?
- Why do we need to go for JQuery?
- How to check jQuery version?
- How to multiple version of jQuery?
- What is jQuery CDN?
- Advantages of minified version of JQuery
- How do I check if the DOM is ready?
- How to Use the jQuery load() Method
- Difference between document.ready() and body onload()?
- What is the use of param() method?
- How to work with jQuery parent(), children() and siblings()?
- Difference between parent() and parents() in jQuery?
- What does jQuery data() function do?
- How do you check if an element exists or not in jQuery?
- How do I check if an HTML element is empty using jQuery?
- How to run an event handler only once in jQuery?
- Hide and show image on button click using jQuery
- Difference Between Prop and Attr in jQuery
- How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- What happen if you return false from a jQuery event handler?
- What is each() function in jQuery? How do you use it?
- Which one is more efficient, document.getElementbyId( "myId") or $("#myId)?
- What is the difference between $.map and $.grep in jQuery
- What is the use of serialize method in jQuery
- What is the use of clone method in jQuery?
- What is event.PreventDefault in jQuery?
- Difference between event.PreventDefault and event.stopPropagation?
- What are deferred and promise object in jQuery?