find() Vs. closest() in jquery
The jQuery .find and .closest selectors are complements of each other and used together are the best way to get to the corresponding element of where the event occurred.
jQuery .find() get the descendants of each element in the current set of matched elements, filtered by a selector, Query object j, or element. This method going down the tree looking in the childs, and the childs of childs.
In the above code, the find() method search the decedent of the firstSelector element and return all elements that match secondSelector.
For each element in the set, get the first element that matches the selector by testing the element itself and traversing up through its ancestors in the DOM tree . This method will go up the tree, into the parents, including the current element. The returned jQuery object contains zero or one element for each element in the original set
In the above code, the closest() method selects the element firstSelector and then traverses the dom upwards and returns the first element that matches the secondSelector
Both will first test the initial element before going through parent/child elements.
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- Is jQuery a programming language?
- Why do we need to go for JQuery?
- How to check jQuery version?
- How to multiple version of jQuery?
- What is jQuery CDN?
- Advantages of minified version of JQuery
- How do I check if the DOM is ready?
- How to Use the jQuery load() Method
- Difference between document.ready() and body onload()?
- What is the use of param() method?
- How to work with jQuery parent(), children() and siblings()?
- Difference between parent() and parents() in jQuery?
- What does jQuery data() function do?
- How do you check if an element exists or not in jQuery?
- How do I check if an HTML element is empty using jQuery?
- How to run an event handler only once in jQuery?
- How to disable/enable an element with jQuery
- Hide and show image on button click using jQuery
- Difference Between Prop and Attr in jQuery
- How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- What happen if you return false from a jQuery event handler?
- What is each() function in jQuery? How do you use it?
- Which one is more efficient, document.getElementbyId( "myId") or $("#myId)?
- What is the difference between $.map and $.grep in jQuery
- What is the use of serialize method in jQuery
- What is the use of clone method in jQuery?
- What is event.PreventDefault in jQuery?
- Difference between event.PreventDefault and event.stopPropagation?
- What are deferred and promise object in jQuery?
- What are source maps in jQuery?
- What does the jQuery migrate function do?
- Differences Between jQuery .bind() and .live()?
- How can you delay document.ready until a variable is set?
- How to disable cut,copy and paste in TextBox using jQuery?
- How to prevent Right Click option using jquery?
- How does the jQuery pushStack function work?
- Why use jQuery filter() Methods?
- How To Use Ajax In Jquery?
- How to multiple AJAX requests be run simultaneously in jQuery?
- Can we call C# code behind using jQuery?
- How to include jQuery in ASP.Net project?
- Need to add jQuery file in both Master and Content page?
- Uncaught TypeError: $(…).modal is not a function jquery