jQuery Interview Questions FAQ
Please click on the questions to see the answers
Using typeof operator, we can get the type of arguments passed to a function.
You can use $('*') to select all elements available in a DOM.
jQuery .attr() method is used for getting the value from the first matched element.
jQuery css() method sets or returns one or more style properties for the selected elements.
The innerHTML property sets or returns the HTML content (inner HTML) of an element.
The jQuery append() method inserts specified content at the end of the selected elements.
jQuery bind() function is used to attach an event handler to elements, while the unbind() is used to detached an existing event handler from elements.
The delay() method sets a timer to delay the execution of subsequent items in the queue.
Once you have used jQuery.noConflict, the control of $ is handed over to other libraries rather than jQuery and in this case, you will have to use jQuery rather than $.
The jQuery stop(true, true) method will be quite similar to finish() method. Both methods helps in clearing the queue and thereby helps the animations to enter into their end state. In .finish() it also causes the CSS property of all queued animations to jump to their end values, as well.
jQuery stop() method stops the currently running animation on the matched elements.
This will select all the P elements (Paragraph) on page.
ID and element selectors are the fastest selectors in jQuery.
The jQuery.fx.off property is used to globally disable/enable all animations.
jQuery clone() method makes a copy of selected elements, including child nodes, text and attributes.
By Default clone method does not clone the events unless it is being instructed to copy. When “clone” method is being instructed to clone the events also then along with elements, events are also being copied. The clone() method takes a parameter, if you pass true then it will copy the events as well.
A clone(true) indicating whether event handlers should be copied along with the elements.
$(document).attr("title", "New Title");
- empty() will remove all the contents of the selection.
- remove() will remove the selection and its contents.
Validation Jquery Plugin makes simple clientside form validation easy. In MVC, it can use these Jquery Plugins in the form of rules like the following:
The .has() method constructs a new jQuery object that have one or more elements inside them, that matches the specified selector.
Your last selectors are always executed first.
In the above code, jQuery will first find all the elements with the class name ".myCssClass" and after that, it will reject all the other elements which are not in "p#elementID".
- jQuery .get() method returns an array of raw DOM elements. You can manipulate each of them by accessing its attributes and invoking its functions as you would on a raw DOM element.
- jQuery .eq() returns a jQuery object, meaning the DOM element is wrapped in the jQuery wrapper, which means that it accepts jQuery functions.
Yes. jQuery can be used for making ajax request. The ajax() method is used to perform an AJAX (asynchronous HTTP) request.
- URL – Need to specify the URL to send the request.
- Type – Specifies type of request(Get or Post).
- Data – Specifies data to be sent to server.
- Cache – Whether the browser should cache the requested page.
- It's lightweight, easy and fast.
- Cross Browser Compatibility.
- Easy and Light-weight Ajax Application.
- Availability of various plug-in's.
- Microsoft and Intellisense support in Visual Studio 2008.
- Easy Integration with ASP.Net Ajax projects.