$.map Vs. $.grep in jQuery
The difference is that the grep() method filters an array and returns the filtered array, while map() method applies a function to each item in the array, thus returning a modified array.
jQuery map() method
The map() function translates a set of elements in the jQuery object into another set of values in a jQuery array which may, or may not contain elements.
In the above code will return 20 and 30.
jQuery grep() method
The jQuery grep() method is used to filter the contents of an array.
In the above code willreturn 20 and 30.
So, we can see here the difference is grep() method filters an array and returns the filtered array, while map() method applies a function to each item in the array, thus returning a modified array.
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- Is jQuery a programming language?
- Why do we need to go for JQuery?
- How to check jQuery version?
- How to multiple version of jQuery?
- What is jQuery CDN?
- Advantages of minified version of JQuery
- How do I check if the DOM is ready?
- How to Use the jQuery load() Method
- Difference between document.ready() and body onload()?
- What is the use of param() method?
- How to work with jQuery parent(), children() and siblings()?
- Difference between parent() and parents() in jQuery?
- What does jQuery data() function do?
- How do you check if an element exists or not in jQuery?
- How do I check if an HTML element is empty using jQuery?
- How to run an event handler only once in jQuery?
- How to disable/enable an element with jQuery
- Hide and show image on button click using jQuery
- Difference Between Prop and Attr in jQuery
- How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- What happen if you return false from a jQuery event handler?
- What is each() function in jQuery? How do you use it?
- Which one is more efficient, document.getElementbyId( "myId") or $("#myId)?
- What is the use of serialize method in jQuery
- What is the use of clone method in jQuery?
- What is event.PreventDefault in jQuery?
- Difference between event.PreventDefault and event.stopPropagation?
- What are deferred and promise object in jQuery?