jQuery parent() vs. parents()
jQuery parent() method selects one element up the DOM tree. While jQuery parents() method travels up from the parent element and selects all the matching elements up to the document's root element .
jQuery parent() method
The parent() method traverses only one level up the HTML DOM tree . The optional parameters provide additional filtering options to narrow down the traversal.
jQuery parents() method
The parents() method is used to find all the parent elements related to the selected element. This method traverse all the levels up the selected element and return that all elements .
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- jQuery Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- Is jQuery a programming language?
- Why do we need to go for JQuery?
- How to check jQuery version?
- How to multiple version of jQuery?
- What is jQuery CDN?
- Advantages of minified version of JQuery
- How do I check if the DOM is ready?
- How to Use the jQuery load() Method
- Difference between document.ready() and body onload()?
- What is the use of param() method?
- How to work with jQuery parent(), children() and siblings()?
- What does jQuery data() function do?
- How do you check if an element exists or not in jQuery?
- How do I check if an HTML element is empty using jQuery?
- How to run an event handler only once in jQuery?
- How to disable/enable an element with jQuery
- Hide and show image on button click using jQuery
- Difference Between Prop and Attr in jQuery
- How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- What happen if you return false from a jQuery event handler?
- What is each() function in jQuery? How do you use it?
- Which one is more efficient, document.getElementbyId( "myId") or $("#myId)?
- What is the difference between $.map and $.grep in jQuery
- What is the use of serialize method in jQuery
- What is the use of clone method in jQuery?
- What is event.PreventDefault in jQuery?
- Difference between event.PreventDefault and event.stopPropagation?
- What are deferred and promise object in jQuery?