A variable is a storage location that contains a value. A null represents nothing . Its not an actual value. It means that the storage location does not contain anything (but null itself is just a special kind of value).
What's the typeof null?
Actually null is not an object , it is a primitive value. For example, you cannot add properties to it. Sometimes people wrongly assume that it is an object, because typeof null returns "object".
- What is noscript tag?
- Difference between '=', '==' and '===' operators?
- What is Browser Object Model
- How to test a string as a literal and as an object ?
- What is Associative Array? How do we use it?
- What's the Difference Between Class and Prototypal Inheritance?
- Event bubbling and Event Capturing in JavScript?