Static analysis tools in Python
PyCheckerPyChecker is a tool for finding bugs in python source code. It finds problems that are typically caught by a compiler for less dynamic languages, like C and C++. Because of the dynamic nature of python , some warnings may be incorrect; however, spurious warnings should be fairly infrequent. PyChecker works in a combination of ways. First, it imports each module. If there is an import error , the module cannot be processed. The import provides some basic information about the module. The code for each function, class, and method is checked for possible problems.
How to use PyChecker?You can use it directly in your code. All you have to do is import PyChecker at the top of your module, like this:
import pychecker.checkerThis will make PyChecker check all the following imported modules, although it won’t do the main module.
CommandlineTo use PyChecker , pass options and the python source files (or packages) you want to check on the command line:
pychecker [options] file1.py file2.py ...Know more about...... PyChecker
PylintPylint is a tool that checks for errors in Python code, tries to enforce a coding standard and looks for code smells. It can also look for certain type errors, it can recommend suggestions about how particular blocks can be refactored and can offer you details about the code's complexity. It is a useful tool to improve code quality and to ensure that it complies with PEP-8 style guidelines. Pylint will display a number of messages as it analyzes the code and it can also be used for displaying some statistics about the number of warnings and errors found in different files. The messages are classified under various categories such as errors and warnings. Know more about..... PyLint
- Python Interview Questions (Part 2)
- Python Interview Questions (Part 3)
- What is python used for?
- Is Python interpreted, or compiled, or both?
- Explain how python is interpreted
- How do I install pip on Windows?
- How do you protect Python source code?
- What are the disadvantages of the Python?
- How would you achieve web scraping in Python?
- How to Python Script executable on Unix
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files?
- What is __init__.py used for in Python?
- What does __name__=='__main__' in Python mean?
- What is docstring in Python?
- What is the difference between runtime and compile time?
- How to use *args and **kwargs in Python
- Purpose of "/" and "//" operator in python?
- What is the purpose pass statement in python?
- Why isn't there a switch or case statement in Python?
- How does the ternary operator work in Python?
- What is the purpose of "self" in Python
- How do you debug a program in Python?
- What are literals in python?
- What is Python's parameter passing mechanism?
- What is the process of compilation and Loading in python?
- Global and Local Variables in Python
- What does the 'yield' keyword do in Python?
- Comparison Operators != is not equal to in Python
- What is the difference between 'is' and '==' in python
- What is the difference between = and == in Python?
- How are the functions help() and dir() different?
- What is the python keyword "with" used for?
- Is all the memory freed when Python exits?
- Difference between Mutable and Immutable in Python
- Explain split() methods of "re" module in Python
- Accessor and Mutator methods in Python
- How to Implement an 'enum' in Python
- Important characteristics of Python Objects
- How to determine the type of instance and inheritance in Python
- How would you implement inheritance in Python?
- How is Inheritance and Overriding methods are related?
- How can you create a copy of an object in Python?
- How to avoid having class data shared among instances in Python?
- Static class variables in Python
- Difference between @staticmethod and @classmethod in Python
- How to Get a List of Class Attributes in Python
- Does Python supports interfaces like in Java or C#?
- What is used to create Unicode string in Python?
- Difference between lists and tuples in Python?
- What are differences between List and Dictionary in Python
- Different file processing modes supported by Python
- How do you append to a file in Python?
- What are the differences between the threading and multiprocessing?
- Is there any way to kill a Thread in Python?
- What is the use of lambda in Python?
- What is map, filter and reduce in python?
- Is monkey patching considered good programming practice?
- What is "typeerror: 'module' object is not callable"
- Python: TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
- How to convert bytes to string in Python?
- What are metaclasses in Python?