What are the drawbacks of Python?
Disadvantages of Python are:
SpeedPython is slower than C or C++. But of course, Python is a high-level language, unlike C or C++ it's not closer to hardware.
Mobile DevelopmentPython is not a very good language for mobile development . It is seen as a weak language for mobile computing. This is the reason very few mobile applications are built in it like Carbonnelle.
Memory ConsumptionPython is not a good choice for memory intensive tasks. Due to the flexibility of the data-types, Python's memory consumption is also high.
Database AccessPython has limitations with database access . As compared to the popular technologies like JDBC and ODBC, the Python's database access layer is found to be bit underdeveloped and primitive . However, it cannot be applied in the enterprises that need smooth interaction of complex legacy data .
Runtime ErrorsPython programmers cited several issues with the design of the language. Because the language is dynamically typed , it requires more testing and has errors that only show up at runtime .
Advantages/Benefits of Python
- Beginner's Language
- Simple and Easy to Learn
- Interpreted Language
- Cross-platform language
- Free and Open Source
- Object-Oriented language
- Extensive Libraries
- Databases Connectivity
Looking for a Python job ?Chances are you will need to prove that you know how to work with Python. These Python Interview Questions have been designed especially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your interview for the subject of Python Programming . Here are the top objective type sample Python Interview questions and their answers are given just below to them. These sample questions are framed by our experts team who trains for Python training to give you an idea of type of questions which may be asked in interview. Go to... Python Interview Questions
- Python Interview Questions (Part 2)
- Python Interview Questions (Part 3)
- What is python used for?
- Is Python interpreted, or compiled, or both?
- Explain how python is interpreted
- How do I install pip on Windows?
- How do you protect Python source code?
- How would you achieve web scraping in Python?
- How to Python Script executable on Unix
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files?
- What is __init__.py used for in Python?
- What does __name__=='__main__' in Python mean?
- What is docstring in Python?
- What is the difference between runtime and compile time?
- How to use *args and **kwargs in Python
- Purpose of "/" and "//" operator in python?
- What is the purpose pass statement in python?
- Why isn't there a switch or case statement in Python?
- How does the ternary operator work in Python?
- What is the purpose of "self" in Python
- How do you debug a program in Python?
- What are literals in python?
- What is Python's parameter passing mechanism?
- What is the process of compilation and Loading in python?
- Global and Local Variables in Python
- Is there a tool to help find bugs or perform static analysis?
- What does the 'yield' keyword do in Python?
- Comparison Operators != is not equal to in Python
- What is the difference between 'is' and '==' in python
- What is the difference between = and == in Python?
- How are the functions help() and dir() different?
- What is the python keyword "with" used for?
- Is all the memory freed when Python exits?
- Difference between Mutable and Immutable in Python
- Explain split() methods of "re" module in Python
- Accessor and Mutator methods in Python
- How to Implement an 'enum' in Python
- Important characteristics of Python Objects
- How to determine the type of instance and inheritance in Python
- How would you implement inheritance in Python?
- How is Inheritance and Overriding methods are related?
- How can you create a copy of an object in Python?
- How to avoid having class data shared among instances in Python?
- Static class variables in Python
- Difference between @staticmethod and @classmethod in Python
- How to Get a List of Class Attributes in Python
- Does Python supports interfaces like in Java or C#?
- What is used to create Unicode string in Python?
- Difference between lists and tuples in Python?
- What are differences between List and Dictionary in Python
- Different file processing modes supported by Python
- How do you append to a file in Python?
- What are the differences between the threading and multiprocessing?
- Is there any way to kill a Thread in Python?
- What is the use of lambda in Python?
- What is map, filter and reduce in python?
- Is monkey patching considered good programming practice?
- What is "typeerror: 'module' object is not callable"
- Python: TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
- How to convert bytes to string in Python?
- What are metaclasses in Python?