Append text file in python?
Access modes govern the type of operations possible in the opened file. It refers to how the file will be used once its opened. In order to append a new line your existing file, you need to open the file in append mode , by setting "a" or "ab" as the mode.
When you open with "a" mode , the write position will always be at the end of the file (an append). There are other permutations of the mode argument for updating (+), truncating (w) and binary (b) mode but starting with just "a" is your best. If you want to seek through the file to find the place where you should insert the line, use 'r+'.
The following code append a text in the existing file:
You can also use file access_mode "a+" for Open for reading and writing. The file is created if it does not exist. The stream is positioned at the end of the file . The initial file position for reading is at the beginning of the file, but output is appended to the end of the file.
How to append new data onto a new line?
You can use "\n" while writing data to file.
- Python Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- Python Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- What is python used for?
- Is Python interpreted, or compiled, or both?
- Explain how python is interpreted
- How do I install pip on Windows?
- How do you protect Python source code?
- What are the disadvantages of the Python?
- How would you achieve web scraping in Python?
- How to Python Script executable on Unix
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files?
- What is __init__.py used for in Python?
- What does __name__=='__main__' in Python mean?
- What is docstring in Python?
- What is the difference between runtime and compile time?
- How to use *args and **kwargs in Python
- Purpose of "/" and "//" operator in python?
- What is the purpose pass statement in python?
- Why isn't there a switch or case statement in Python?
- How does the ternary operator work in Python?
- What is the purpose of "self" in Python
- How do you debug a program in Python?
- What are literals in python?
- What is Python's parameter passing mechanism?
- What is the process of compilation and Loading in python?
- Global and Local Variables in Python
- Is there a tool to help find bugs or perform static analysis?
- What does the 'yield' keyword do in Python?
- Comparison Operators != is not equal to in Python
- What is the difference between 'is' and '==' in python
- What is the difference between = and == in Python?
- How are the functions help() and dir() different?
- What is the python keyword "with" used for?
- Is all the memory freed when Python exits?
- Difference between Mutable and Immutable in Python
- Explain split() methods of "re" module in Python
- Accessor and Mutator methods in Python
- How to Implement an 'enum' in Python
- Important characteristics of Python Objects
- How to determine the type of instance and inheritance in Python
- How would you implement inheritance in Python?
- How is Inheritance and Overriding methods are related?
- How can you create a copy of an object in Python?
- How to avoid having class data shared among instances in Python?
- Static class variables in Python
- Difference between @staticmethod and @classmethod in Python
- How to Get a List of Class Attributes in Python
- Does Python supports interfaces like in Java or C#?
- What is used to create Unicode string in Python?
- Difference between lists and tuples in Python?
- What are differences between List and Dictionary in Python
- Different file processing modes supported by Python
- What are the differences between the threading and multiprocessing?
- Is there any way to kill a Thread in Python?
- What is the use of lambda in Python?
- What is map, filter and reduce in python?
- Is monkey patching considered good programming practice?