Is Python Compiled or Interpreted?
Compiled languages are written in a code that can be executed directly on a computer's processor. A compiler is a special program that processes statements written in a particular programming language and turns them into machine language or "code" that a computer's processor uses.
An interpreted language is any programming language that isn't already in "machine code" prior to runtime. Unlike compiled languages , an interpreted language's translation doesn't happen beforehand. Translation occurs at the same time as the program is being executed.
Python as a programming language has no saying about if it's an compiled or interpreted programming language, only the implementation of it. The terms interpreted or compiled is not a property of the language but a property of the implementation. Python program runs directly from the source code . so, Python will fall under byte code interpreted. The .py source code is first compiled to byte code as .pyc. This byte code can be interpreted (official CPython), or JIT compiled (PyPy). Python source code (.py) can be compiled to different byte code also like IronPython (.Net) or Jython (JVM). There are multiple implementations of Python language . The official one is a byte code interpreted one. There are byte code JIT compiled implementations too.
As concluding remarks, Python(Cpython) is neither a true compiled time nor pure interpreted language but it is called interpreted language.
Looking for a Python job ?
Chances are you will need to prove that you know how to work with Python. These Python Interview Questions have been designed especially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your interview for the subject of Python Programming . Here are the top objective type sample Python Interview questions and their answers are given just below to them. These sample questions are framed by our experts team who trains for Python training to give you an idea of type of questions which may be asked in interview.
Go to... Python Interview Questions
- Python Interview Questions FAQ - 1
- Python Interview Questions FAQ - 2
- What is python used for?
- Explain how python is interpreted
- How do I install pip on Windows?
- How do you protect Python source code?
- What are the disadvantages of the Python?
- How would you achieve web scraping in Python?
- How to Python Script executable on Unix
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files?
- What is __init__.py used for in Python?
- What does __name__=='__main__' in Python mean?
- What is docstring in Python?
- What is the difference between runtime and compile time?
- How to use *args and **kwargs in Python
- Purpose of "/" and "//" operator in python?
- What is the purpose pass statement in python?
- Why isn't there a switch or case statement in Python?
- How does the ternary operator work in Python?
- What is the purpose of "self" in Python
- How do you debug a program in Python?
- What are literals in python?
- What is Python's parameter passing mechanism?
- What is the process of compilation and Loading in python?
- Global and Local Variables in Python
- Is there a tool to help find bugs or perform static analysis?
- What does the 'yield' keyword do in Python?
- Comparison Operators != is not equal to in Python
- What is the difference between 'is' and '==' in python
- What is the difference between = and == in Python?
- How are the functions help() and dir() different?
- What is the python keyword "with" used for?
- Is all the memory freed when Python exits?
- Difference between Mutable and Immutable in Python
- Explain split() methods of "re" module in Python
- Accessor and Mutator methods in Python
- How to Implement an 'enum' in Python
- Important characteristics of Python Objects
- How to determine the type of instance and inheritance in Python
- How would you implement inheritance in Python?
- How is Inheritance and Overriding methods are related?
- How can you create a copy of an object in Python?
- How to avoid having class data shared among instances in Python?
- Static class variables in Python
- Difference between @staticmethod and @classmethod in Python
- How to Get a List of Class Attributes in Python
- Does Python supports interfaces like in Java or C#?
- What is used to create Unicode string in Python?
- Difference between lists and tuples in Python?
- What are differences between List and Dictionary in Python
- Different file processing modes supported by Python
- How do you append to a file in Python?
- What are the differences between the threading and multiprocessing?
- Is there any way to kill a Thread in Python?
- What is the use of lambda in Python?
- What is map, filter and reduce in python?
- Is monkey patching considered good programming practice?