While the two have similar in names , both are two totally different programming languages. Java is a full featured, all purpose, programming language that is mainly used in server side, mobile development and also run in browsers. To compile java based programs you need JDK+JRE set up in your computer. Since java is pure object oriented programming language everything you do is under a class. It follows very strict typing and enforces casting of references.
- Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
- Java Interview Questions-Core Faq
- Important features of Java
- What is the difference between JDK and JRE?
- What gives Java its 'write once and run anywhere' nature?
- What is JVM and is it platform independent?
- What is Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler?
- What is the garbage collector in Java?
- What is NullPointerException in Java
- Difference between Stack and Heap memory in Java
- How to set the maximum memory usage for JVM?
- What is numeric promotion?
- Why do we need Generic Types in Java?
- What does it mean to be static in Java?
- What are final variables in Java?